Company: Spring Creek Vintners
Uploaded: 26 August 2022
Closes: 26 September 2022
Spring Creek Vintners is a family-owned winemaking company, located in Marlborough. We produce premium wines for our award-winning brands, Rapaura Springs and Summerhouse, and make wine for some of New Zealand's leading wine labels.
We are looking for a dynamic Assistant Viticulturist to join our dedicated viticulture team. The successful applicant will be involved in all areas of our viticulture program, with a focus on our current growers and assist in acquiring new growers to our company programs.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- A strong industry network of grower contacts
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A minimum of 5 years experience in viticulture operations and a solid understanding of practical viticulture application in day-to-day processes
- An ability to multitask across a number of areas of the business (i.e Company vineyards, grower vineyards and winery operations)
- An eagerness to learn and lead a team, proactive and highly motivated
- Attention to detail
- Work with senior staff to lead other operators
- A class 1 license
- A tertiary qualification is desirable, but not essential
Typical duties will include the following:
- Assist the Company Viticulturist and Technical Viticultural Manager with the development of seasonal planning and viticulture specifications
- Working with the Technical Viticultural Manager on the planning and implementation of company and grower yield estimation
- Assist the Company Viticulturist with the support to growers on technical support Technical support includes pest and disease monitoring, irrigation inputs and nutritional requirements
- Assist with company Health and Safety policy and procedures across all viticultural practices
- Working with Viticulture and Winemaking teams, update and maintain IT systems for both internal company requirements, as well as external compliance
Spring Creek Vintners is an equal opportunities employer. We can offer a solid career path with opportunities to grow and a competitive pay rate. Joining our viticulture team offers the opportunity to work with some of Marlborough's best wine industry professionals and gain exposure to a broad range of techniques and practices in viticulture and winemaking. We believe in working hard, having fun, and are passionate about growing great wine.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Subject: Recruitment for Vineyard.
Please note applicants must hold a valid work visa.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.