Uploaded: 26 July 2022
Closes: 26 August 2022
Join Central Otago’s leading contract winemaking, bottling and warehousing company as our Quality Coordinator.
This role is primary responsible for ensuring all the processes throughout the business follow the highest industry standards of operating behaviors and food safety awareness, to ensure we produce the highest possible quality of products and services for our clients. It is responsible for ensuring all relevant food safety legislation and compliances are met while making sure there are systems in place to allow uninterrupted workflow with training and clearly documented systems.
Reporting to our Bottling Manager you will be accountable for:
- Maintain HACCP and Food safety standards.
- Maintain industry certification such as: NZ Sustainable Winegrowing; BioGro Organic certification; and others as may be identified in the future.
- Be the client’s advocate within VinPro and assist with their needs during bottling runs.
- Ensure the bottling team complies with all environmental requirements, relevant legislation and statutory requirements.
- Maintain a Corrective Actions Register.
- Assist in the training of all bottling staff to the required level to deliver quality-focused bottling outcomes.
- Maintain Quality Management System and SOPs.
- Carrying out the duties and responsibilities in accordance with the instructions from the Bottling Manager in the first instance, or any other of our managers.
The ideal candidate will have previous wine industry experience, or come from a similar role in food and beverage manufacturing, including quality control and an understanding of GMP principles. Attention to detail, with clear and accurate documentation skills are key attributes required for the role.
Delivering customer service excellence is at the heart of the role and will come naturally to you. Laboratory experience will also be an advantage, but not essential.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.