Company: Giesen Group
Uploaded: 23 June 2022
Closes: 22 July 2022
- Multi Award Winning Business
- Internationally Iconic Vineyard
- Diverse Viticultural Opportunity
Firstly, a bit about us - The Giesen Group is a family-owned and operated producer of internationally-recognised premium New Zealand wine, beer and gin. Established in 1981, the Giesen Brothers are seen as one of the pioneers of the New Zealand wine industry and leaders in producing Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. The Company has grown into a strong brand both domestically and on the international stage, where they export premium quality wine across the world.
We have an exciting development opportunity to progress an enthusiastic candidate in their career with a leading/well recognised wine company. They will support the Premium Vineyards Manager with operations on Giesen Premium Vineyard sites, as well work in with the company Viticulturist and Grower Viticulturist with tasks at key times of the year. This role will cover many facets of viticulture, from general operations to technical tasks.
This is a development role suited to someone looking to begin their career or build on their current skills in the Viticulture industry.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
Machinery and Labour Operations
- With appropriate training become proficient in all vineyard machinery-based operations to ensure the vineyards are maintained to a high standard
- Complete daily maintenance tasks of any machinery being operated in line with standard operating procedures
- Perform a range of harvest roles within the vineyard
- Perform any vineyard hand tasks as required to maintain the vineyard annual cycle
- Works alongside and supervises contract labour, if required
- Frost fighting
- Vineyard H&S requirements
- Assist with P&D monitoring
- Yield estimation
- Assist in building spray programs for upcoming seasons
- Data collection and input
- Attend industry field days/events
Benefits of this role:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Annual medical scheme
- Annual product allowance
- Diverse opportunity with potential to grow
- Be part of a social, hard-working environment
This role is part of a small, dedicated team so it is important you have the ability to maintain strong and effective working relationships with all colleagues.
All internal and external training will be provided.
Giesen Group is committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test. Only NZ residents will be considered.
If this sounds like you, please email your CV email@example.com by Friday 22nd July 2022.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.