Company: Mountford Estate
Uploaded: 22 June 2022
Closes: 22 July 2022
Who are we?
We, Mountford Estate, are celebrating 31 years in business this year and we will be back as a leader in the New Zealand Wine Industry with our new Chief Winemaker, CP Lin. We believe our vineyard and winery teams, who work together to produce outstanding wines, with the support from our sales and admin teams, who keep everything running properly, is our winning formula. In a few years, you will think that your choice to become part of Mountford is a great decision.
What is the position that we are offering?
We are currently seeking two Production Assistant Winemakers to join the operations team at Mountford Estate. This role is ideal for aspiring assistant winemakers who are keen to develop a career in the winemaking industry, and for those who want the opportunity to become the successors to lead the next generation of Mountford wines.
What is your scope of work?
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all operations are executed on time with high-quality outcomes
- Ensuring winemaking systems and records are accurately maintained
- Actively seeking opportunities for continuous improvement in cellar operations, processes and safety practices in the winery
The position involves working both in the vineyards and winery, the ability to carry out tractor work and operate machinery, is essential.
What type of people are we looking for in this role?
It is very important that you have studied or are currently studying a winemaking or science-related qualification, but the main prerequisite is that you have some knowledge and a passion for high quality wine production.
We will train you in all the skills you need. Mountford Estate has a supportive work environment. We are looking for people who share the same values, that is, we take pleasure in making the best wines with the best people and strive to achieve this aim.
Specifically, they are as follows:
- A tertiary qualification in Wine science. At least 5 years work experience in both vineyard and winery
- A strong team player with communication skills
- The ability to plan and prioritise tasks to achieve objectives, monitor progress against deadlines and milestones, and manage time effectively
- High attention to detail and the ability to quickly learn systems and processes
- Motivation and passion to succeed
- Professionalism; taking personal pride in a high-performance work environment, contributing to a culture that delivers quality results.
Please provide an extract of your skills and qualifications required for this role when you apply.
What will you gain through this work?
Mountford Estate is a winery where each person takes full responsibility for his or her own work while respecting each other in teamwork. Just as it takes many different elements to make good wine, it also takes members with different abilities and personalities to make our outstanding wines. So, as well as gaining excellent time management and communication skills and the ability to work with a small team, the assistant winemakers work closely with the Chief Winemaker and Vineyard Manager, in doing so, gains a lot of one-to-one experience in quality wine making.
What is the condition?
The salary paid per year will be determined based on the skills and experience of the applicant at interview.
All successful applicants will be required to undergo and pass a Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol test in accordance with our Drug and Alcohol Policy.
How to apply
Please email your CV to email@example.com
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the Canterbury / Waipara wine region, click here