Cellar Door Host - (12 Months Fixed Term)
Company: Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Uploaded: 15 June 2022
Closes: 15 July 2022
The Cloudy Bay story is one of adventure. After a single sip in 1983, David Hohnen was captivated by Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. In 1985 David and winemaker Kevin Judd launched Cloudy Bay with a vision for making New Zealand wines of uncompromising quality. It’s been that way ever since.
We are looking for an enthusiastic new Cellar Door Host and Duty Manager who can bring their flair for wine tastings and hospitality to craft a memorable Cloudy Bay experience for our guests. Our Cellar Door is currently open Wednesday-Sunday. Successful applicants will need to be available to work approximately 20 hours per week including every weekend and some public holidays. This is an amazing opportunity to work for a globally-recognized New Zealand Wine brand.
Bring your wine and food service knowledge and top-standard customer service ability to create engaging wine tasting & food experiences for our guests. In this role you will receive a comprehensive induction, including an in-depth training on our wine range, our brand DNA and customer service, which will allow you to transform a positive customer experience into wine sales and brand loyalty.
You will be responsible for:
- Being an ambassador of the brand by hosting all visitors and sharing knowledge related to the brand DNA and its wines;
- Delivering an outstanding level of service and experience;
- Ensuring day-to-day tasks are completed: set up and pack down of the day, monitoring and organizing daily bookings, order taking using the Point of Sale System, wine and food service, cleaning up and turning over the tables, wine and merchandise sales, stock monitoring and re-stocking;
- Turning the tasting experience into wine sales;
- Encouraging visitor loyalty and the wine club;
- Being proactive to improve the workplace efficiency by working closely with other team members;
- Being able to host different types of groups and nationalities;
- Keeping areas clean and tidy at all times, including indoor, outdoor and kitchen areas;
- Supporting private experience and VIP events by assisting with set up, wine pouring, food service etc;
- Being aware of the health and safety procedures and maintain a safe working environment
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
- Hospitality experience, ideally in a tasting room and a restaurant environment;
- A passion for excellent Customer Service – friendly and focused on continually exceeding customer expectations;
- A sales orientation - able to convert positive experiences into sales of Cloudy Bay wines, food and merchandise;
- Excellent communication skills;
- An enthusiastic and team-oriented mindset;
- A ‘Can do’ attitude with a very good eye for detail;
- You will be physically fit as the job involves standing and lifting;
- A computer proficiency;
- English essential, additional language is a plus;
- Legal rights to work in New Zealand and in Hospitality
- You will be given a competitive rate, training, and on-the-job support to establish you as a successful member of our fun, focused and collaborative team.
This is a 12-month fixed-term contract.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.