Quality and Compliance Manager
Company: Giesen Group
Uploaded: 13 June 2022
Closes: 01 July 2022
Quality and Compliance Manager
- Want to work with Iconic New Zealand Brands and a multi award-winning business?
- Want to contribute in an outstanding team environment?
- Want to create and oversee all design projects for multiple brands and global markets?
If so, then read on…
Firstly a bit about us – The Giesen Group is a family owned and operated producer of internationally-recognised premium New Zealand wine and craft beer. Established in 1981, the Giesen Brothers are seen as one of the pioneers of the New Zealand wine industry and leaders in producing Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. The Company has grown into a strong brand both domestically and also on the international stage, where they export premium quality wine across the world.
The Quality and Compliance Manager position will be based in Blenheim and has responsibility across multiple sites throughout Marlborough and one in Christchurch. The role reports to the Chief Winemaker and offers long term development within an innovative growing business.
Key accountabilities of the role involve:
- Lead, manage, coach, facilitate, audit and promote the development, maintenance and implementation of the companies Compliance, Quality Assurance systems, working closely with inspectors, Auditors and the QA team (Winemaker)
- Manage compliance WSMP, National Programme Level 3, HACCP, BioGro and SWNZ
- Assist with New Product Development (NPD)
- Identify and further develop the companies policies and procedures to ensure they are fit for purpose and meet statutory and regulatory requirements and performance measures
- Support development of the companies Lean program
- Assist the winemaking and design teams with packaging by helping ensure labelling requirements and standards are met
The successful candidate will have:
- A tertiary qualification in the Scientific or technical arena (Food Science, Microbiology, Engineering, Winemaking or a related field)
- A relevant qualification in Quality, Compliance and Assurance would be desirable
- Technical knowledge of the food industry, particularly the wine industry
- Sound knowledge of government legislative requirements
- An attention to detail, pragmatic approach, an ability to build relationships and communicate effectively at all levels within the business and externally
- At least 3 years Quality, Compliance and Assurance management experience
Travel requirement – there will be light domestic travel required to perform the duties of the role
This is an excellent career opportunity for a dynamic individual who has previously worked with FMCG and/or the wine industry to take on a leadership role.
Giesen Group is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test. Only NZ residents will be considered.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 1st July 2022.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.