Retail Sales Assistant
Company: Herne Bay Cellars
Uploaded: 11 June 2022
Closes: 11 July 2022
Do you love craft beer, fine wine, and premium spirits? Do you find it easy to talk to people?
Are you ready for a position in which you can be the expert?
With a focus on customer service and sales, you will be responsible for recommending and selling delicious products to our loyal customer base, keeping your product knowledge up to date, merchandising and day-to-day store maintenance.
This position will cover all aspects of the shops operations - craft beer, wine and spirits. There will be opportunity for on the job learning through staff education and tastings. The position is a part-time retail position, including weekends and evenings - available for immediate start.
Requirements for the role:
- You will have passion and knowledge of wine.
- Enthusiasm to learn about fine craft beer and spirits is essential.
- You will have confidence in working with customers and be fluent in spoken English.
- Previous experience in retail sales or hospitality is preferred, however not essential.
- Being a team player and have an outgoing personality is essential.
- A current Duty Managers certificate is an advantage for this position, but is not required.
About Herne Bay Cellars
We are so much more than just your local beverage purveyors. At Herne Bay Cellars, you’ll discover a hub of people, passion and education around the marvellous craft of fine wine, beer and spirits.
We have a 30-year history of keeping our regulars quenched with weekly tasting experiences, appreciation events and an extensive instore and online range. Our team of beverage experts know a hefeweizen from a witbier, and it’s likely that if you’re after something obscure and struggling to find it anywhere else, we’re your ticket.
How to Apply
To apply, email your CV and a cover letter specific to this position explaining why you are the best person to join our team at Herne Bay Cellar.
Due to the large number of applicants, we may not be able to respond to every applicant pesonally.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the greater Auckland wine regions, click here