Production Assistant Winemaker
Company: Delegat Limited
Uploaded: 01 June 2022
Closes: 01 July 2022
We are currently seeking two Production Assistant Winemakers to join the operations team at our Marlborough winery. These newly-created roles would ideally suit an experienced Cellar Hand or Laboratory Technician, keen to develop their career in the winemaking industry.
Reporting to the Winemaker, Cellar Operations Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Leading the cellar operations planning process, maximising the utilisation of people and equipment
- Ensuring all operations are executed on time with high quality outcomes
- Ensuring winemaking systems are accurately maintained
- Planning and coordinating bulk wine transport
- Coordinating induction and training plans for vintage teams
- Actively seeking opportunities for continuous improvement in cellar operations, processes and safety practices in the winery
- You have a tertiary qualification in Winemaking and 2-3 years’ operational experience in a large winery
- You are a strong team player with excellent communication skills
- You excel at planning and prioritising tasks to achieve objectives, monitoring progress against deadlines and milestones, and managing time effectively.
- You naturally have high attention to detail, are quick to learn systems and processes
- You are motivated to succeed and thrive working in a high-performance culture delivering high-quality outcomes
- Competitive salary, benefits, and a supportive environment to grow and add value
- A culture where our values are at the heart of what we do
- Support, feedback, and encouragement
At Delegat Group we are building a leading global Super Premium wine company. We believe deeply that it is our people that bring our plans to life, turn our goals into reality, and truly make the difference. We have grown more than twentyfold since 2002, and we aspire to grow even further in the future. We have state-of-the-art wineries and world-class vineyards in the prime grape growing regions of New Zealand and Australia, and we focus exclusively on making the world’s most sought-after Super Premium wines and brands including Oyster Bay and Barossa Valley Estate.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.