Harvest Assistant Winemaker
Company: The Grange
Uploaded: 30 May 2022
Closes: 30 June 2022
Reporting to the Head Winemaker, the Harvest Assistant Winemaker will be responsible for assisting with all harvest operations to help ensure an efficient, safe and quality vintage. The role is required from approximately mid-September to mid-November and will begin with harvest preparations at the new winery, which overlooks the South Downs National Park.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assistance with sampling and lab work
- Set-up, clean down and maintenance of winery equipment
- Fruit receival and press operations
- Transfers, additions, cap management and barrel work
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least two relevant vintage experiences in modern and professional wineries
- Ideally proficient in forklift operations, but not essential
- Solid understanding of global wine styles and cool-climate winemaking
- Physically capable for hands-on winemaking
- Strong and clear communication
- Empathy for and familiarity with high quality wine production
- An eye for detail, operational effectiveness and efficiency
- An enthusiasm for hands-on winemaking within a friendly and close-knit team
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
Renumeration will depend on experience and accommodation can be provided. Applications will close once the right candidate is found and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the UK wine industry, visit the UK Vineyards Association website: www.ukva.org.uk