Vineyard Supervisor/Vineyard Hand
Company: Cable Bay Vineyards
Uploaded: 25 May 2022
Closes: 25 June 2022
The successful candidate will have a passion for being in the outdoors and working in a close team. This role will be based at our facility and vineyards on Waiheke Island (which process around 35T) and will be reporting directly to the Winemaker/Vineyard Manager. The position will have a combination of supervisory, hands-on and machine operation in the vineyard and onsite grounds. If interested the candidate will be able join blending and fining sessions in the winery.
- Machine operation including side by side for general day-to-day. Also responsible for keeping the machines in working order.
- Supervising and training seasonal staff during the growing season while working with them through all vineyard operations. e.g shoot thinning, bud rubbing, wire lifting, etc
- Keeping up with year-round vineyard maintenance, including wire maintenance and installing new posts.
- Input with vineyard operations, including pest and disease control.
- Installing and Maintaining bird netting.
- Olive Harvest.
- Help on site garden staff when required.
- Cellar door work.
- Facility maintenance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Confident machine operator with appropriate certifications e.g tractor and forklift.
- Vineyard experience, including harvest and pruning.
- Strong organizational, teambuilding, problem solving skills, with attention to detail.
- Available to work a varied schedule during the harvest season.
- Full driver's license
Cable Bay Vineyards
Cable Bay planted its first Chardonnay vines in 1998 on the picturesque Waiheke Island plot where it continues to stand and make premium wine up to this day. The vineyards which surround the winery and restaurants are all dry farmed due to the iron rich clay which they grow upon. The soil profile allows for a unique expressions of all the varieties grown, but especially the Syrah and Chardonnay. Everything in the vineyards is done by hand, this allows for premium small batch wine production year after year.
If you think you have the right profile for this position and lifestyle, please send in your resume and references to Ross Anderson by the 25th of June, via the apply button above.
(We may have payed accomodation available for a few months in our staff house on the island, please ask.)
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the greater Auckland wine regions, click here