Senior Vineyard Operator
Company: Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Uploaded: 03 May 2022
Closes: 03 June 2022
Estates & Wines, the Moët Hennessy wine division, is a unique collection of prestigious wineries spread across 5 continents. Our vineyards are located on exceptional sites and are among the best terroirs of their appellation and each of our wineries has broken new ground - by pioneering new or forgotten regions; or through innovative & distinctive winemaking techniques.
The Cloudy Bay story is one of adventure. After a single sip in 1983, David Hohnen was captivated by Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. In 1985 David and winemaker Kevin Judd launched Cloudy Bay with a vision for making New Zealand wines of uncompromising quality. It’s been that way ever since.
We’re looking for a Senior Vineyard Operator to join the team at Cloudy Bay Vineyards. This opportunity will allow you to be part of a sophisticated brand and work outdoors in a friendly work environment. As part of the team, you’ll develop your skills further with good training and task diversity and uphold our culture of quality and safety.
As a Senior Vineyard Operator, you’ll have a key role: you’ll work closely with the Vineyards Manager and the Plant and Equipment Manager, and will share responsibility for oversight and implementation of day-to-day vineyard operations.
The key tasks of this role include:
- Assisting with and implementing work programs;
- Detailed viticulture operations;
- Staff and contractor supervision;
- Quality control;
- Health and safety policies and procedures;
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
- Tertiary qualified (or similar) to certificate level in horticulture / agriculture / viticulture is desirable;
- Minimum 5+ years vineyard operational experience with supervision;
- Experience in vineyard or other operational agricultural enterprise, desirable;
- Flexibility to adapt to differing work environments and vineyard sites;
- Attention to detail and passion for vineyard work;
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as autonomously;
- Growsafe, Approved Handler Certification;
- Class 1 valid Driver’s License;
Applications close: 3rd June 2022
Competitive salary + Annual bonus target + 9% super + Wine allocation
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.