Vineyard Operator - Central Otago
Company: Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Uploaded: 03 May 2022
Closes: 03 June 2022
The Cloudy Bay story is one of adventure. In 1985 David Hohnen and winemaker Kevin Judd launched Cloudy Bay with a vision for making New Zealand wines of uncompromising quality. It’s been that way ever since.
At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating extraordinary wines that express our place, our heritage and our passion. Te Wahi, our Central Otago Pinot Noir, is our greatest expression of place.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the highly-skilled and motivated team who make up our Central Otago Vineyards Team, as a Vineyard Operator. This role is responsible for undertaking the full range of operational activities, and reports to the Vineyard Manager.
The role is focused on mechanical operations, utilizing modern tractors and state-of the-art equipment, but also includes some ground-based and technical work. Experience is valued, but full training can be provided if necessary, as Cloudy Bay Vineyards offers structured pathways for developing personal skills and careers.
The key tasks of this role include:
- tractor operations such as vine and weed spraying, canopy trimming, leaf plucking, mowing, mulching, cultivating
- canopy management, pruning and vine training
- irrigation management; service and maintenance of system
- maintaining the vineyard and surrounds
- OH&S participation
- involvement in vineyard data collection
- consult with employees regarding risk identification, assessment, control strategies and elicit their involvement in improving safety.
In order to be successful in the role, you will have:
- strong attention to detail and quality focus
- proactive approach to health and safety
- flexibility, strong communication skills and a willingness to learn
- ability to adapt differing work environments and vineyard sites
- class 1 valid driver’s license.
If you are interested, please visit:
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.