Vineyard Operator - Blenheim
Company: Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Uploaded: 03 May 2022
Closes: 03 June 2022
The Cloudy Bay story is one of adventure. After a single sip in 1983, David Hohnen was captivated by Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. In 1985 David and winemaker Kevin Judd launched Cloudy Bay with a vision for making New Zealand wines of uncompromising quality. It’s been that way ever since.
Cloudy Bay Winery not only captures the essence of Marlborough but also embodies New Zealand's unique luxury: the luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature’s rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating extraordinary wines that express our place, our heritage and our passion.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the highly-skilled and motivated men and women who make up our Marlborough Vineyards Team, as a Vineyard Operator. This role is responsible for undertaking the full range of operational activities, and report to the Plant and Equipment Manager. The role is focused on mechanical operations, utilizing modern tractors and state-of the-art equipment, but also includes some ground-based and technical work. Full training can be provided if necessary, as Cloudy Bay Vineyards offers structured pathways for developing personal skills and careers.
The key tasks of this role include:
- tractor operations such as vine and weed spraying, canopy trimming, leaf plucking, mowing, mulching, cultivating, gondola driving;
- canopy management, trellis maintenance, pruning and vine training;
- irrigation management; service and maintenance of system;
- supervision of contract vineyard labor and company casual vineyard staff when required;
- contributing to the quality and safety culture of Cloudy Bay
In order to be successful in the role, you will have:
- strong quality focus along with a proactive approach to health and safety
- flexibility, strong communication skills and a willingness to learn
- ability to adapt differing work environments and vineyard sites
- class 1 valid driver’s license.
If you are interested, please visit:
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.