Experienced Vineyard Manager
Company: The Crater Rim Limited
Uploaded: 29 April 2022
Closes: 29 May 2022
Who we are
The Crater Rim Ltd is a family-owned, boutique winery situated in the rolling hills of Waipara, in the South Island of New Zealand. We grow, make and market limited quantities of terroir-specific wines produced from our own two vineyards and from contracted sites in the North Canterbury sub-regions of Waipara and Omihi, and from Central Otago.
Currently managing over 50 hectares of vineyards across 2 separate sites in the Waipara Valley. We are seeking a 'hands on' energetic and experienced Vineyard Manager to oversee the vineyard team. Reporting to the owner you will have graduate qualifications in viticulture (or significant experience) and previous vineyard management experience, high energy levels, a great work ethic and the ability to think on your feet.
Ordinary Hours of Work are Monday - Friday, but the position requires the candidate to have a level of flexibility which requires working after hours and weekends during peak periods. Remuneration negotiable on experience.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Contribute to the evolution of the vineyard performance and growth of the business
- A passion for growing high-quality grapes
- Oversee viticulture methods and practices encompassing the consideration of all relative models including largely sustainable and organic methods
- Supervision and management of all vineyard workers permanent, casual, contractor and equipment and infrastructure
- Strong administration skills, to keep and maintain accurate and detailed records relating to vineyard operations and management
- Work closely and in collaboration with the Winemaking team
- Adherence to health and safety requirements
- Ensure machinery and equipment are maintained at optimum efficiency
- Participate in the development and progression of the region and its wine industry
- Either have tertiary viticulture qualifications or significant experience
- Must have experience in vineyard and people management
- Must have extensive knowledge of cool climate varietals
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the Canterbury / Waipara wine region, click here