Seddon Machinery Operator
Company: Villa Maria Estate Limited
Uploaded: 28 April 2022
Closes: 28 May 2022
At Villa Maria we are just as passionate about our people as we are about producing quality wine and we are excited to announce a new opportunity to join our viticulture team.
Be part of a world class team of viticulturists and winemakers!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Machinery Operator to join our Seddon Vineyard Team, helping to cultivate excellence at this very special Vineyard that is the birthplace of some of our highest quality wines.
In this role you will be carrying out vineyard machinery operations as planned by the Vineyard Manager, including but not limited to: crop spraying, harvesting, trimming, mowing, weed spraying and any other machinery operations required. You will also be required to carry out irrigation and trellising maintenance, vineyard development, vine pruning, and other vineyard tasks as required.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Good attention to detail in all operations to achieve optimal fruit and wine quality.
- Great initiative and drive for continuous improvement in achieving optimal vineyard operational efficiency.
- Excellent communication and a commitment to workplace safety.
- Minimum class 1 driver license - Over-row machinery experience would be an advantage.
- A reasonable level of physical fitness is required to perform some of the tasks associated with this role.
If you are a team player, results-orientated, self-motivated and passionate about growing quality wine, then Villa Maria is the place for you. In return, we can offer the opportunity to work with a great group of people, comprehensive training and a commitment to career development. Apply now!
Please note that you must have eligibility to work in New Zealand.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.