Experienced Cellar Hand
Uploaded: 21 April 2022
Closes: 21 May 2022
We’re a tight-knit, sustainability-focused group which produces acclaimed wines across all varietals. We are looking for an experienced permanent Cellar Hand to be a part of our awesome team, located at our Seaview winery.
This is a hands-on Cellar Hand position where you’ll work with machinery not used anywhere else in New Zealand, including a continuous tartrate stability machine and gas management unit.
Along with the above, you can expect to be involved in:
- General winery processes, from vintage through to bottling preparation
- Fruit receival, batch and continuous floatation, and yeast propagation processes
- Large production to crafting small batch wines in our colourful concrete eggs
- Additions to wine and juice
- Centrifuge, crossflow, high solid crossflows, and barrels operations
- As well as general winery operations and upkeep.
Along with your great attitude, you’ll have:
- At least 2 or more vintages or relevant industry experience
- A keen interest in sustainability and a passion for excellent winemaking
- Strong initiative, are self-motivated and work well under pressure
- The ability to work flexible hours over vintage
What’s in it for you?
- A professional team with strong ethics and great work environment
- Competitive hourly rate, health insurance benefits, a generous wine allowance and daily transport from town to the winery
- Wine knowledge development (WSET and weekly winemaker tastings)
- 3 weeks paid parental/partners leave, and
- A day off on your birthday!
Additional to all of the above, when Covid allows us to all travel freely there’ll be leave options available for you to participate in overseas vintage opportunities.
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and only people with eligible residency to work in this country can apply.
Here at Yealands, we are committed to the health and wellbeing of our staff throughout changing socio-economic times. We are proactive in all health and safety risk assessments to determine the effects of COVID-19 in our workplace, subject to the latest government legislation and responding to World Health Organisation advice.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.