Vineyard and Winery Assistant
Company: Carrick Winery
Uploaded: 12 April 2022
Closes: 20 May 2022
We are a small to medium sized vineyard, winery and restaurant, based in Bannockburn, Central Otago. From our 23.5ha of certified organic vineyards surrounding the winery we crush around 150T per year, of Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Riesling.
We are looking for a great all-rounder, someone who has a passion for wine from growing through to bottling. The role encompasses both vineyard work and winery work, full-time in the winery over harvest and for the rest of the year is 80% vineyard, 20% winery. It would suit someone new to the industry wanting to understand all aspects of making great wine.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Irrigation Operation, maintenance & problem solving
- Seasonal staff supervision in all aspects of canopy management
- Frost fighting
- Bunch sampling
- Lab analysis
- Barrel filling, cleaning, emptying, topping
- Cap management
- Fruit receival
- Cellar hygiene
- Fruit harvesting
- Racking & transfers
- Forklift work
- Keg cleaning & filling
- Bottling & labelling
- Represent Carrick Winery in market when required and available.
- Assist in the Restaurant and Cellar Door when required.
To find out more about who we are and what we do, head to our website – www.carrick.co.nz
Applications for this role must be in by the 20th of May, please email email@example.com with your CV and Cover Letter.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.