Company: Yealands Wine Group Ltd
Uploaded: 11 January 2022
Closes: 11 February 2022
Here’s a fantastic opportunity to join our Award-Winning Winemaking team at Yealands located in the beautiful Awatere Valley.
We’re a tight-knit, sustainability focused group which produces acclaimed wines across all varietals. We are looking for an experienced permanent Cellar Hand to be a part of our awesome team, located at our Seaview winery.
This is a hands-on Cellar Hand position where you’ll work with machinery not used anywhere else in New Zealand, including a continuous tartrate stability machine and gas management unit.
Along with the above, you can expect to be involved in:
- General winery processes, from vintage through to bottling preparation
- Fruit receival, batch and continuous floatation, and yeast propagation processes
- Large production to crafting small batch wines in our colourful concrete eggs
- Additions to wine and juice
- Centrifuge, crossflow, high solid crossflows, and barrels operations
- As well as general winery operations and upkeep
Along with your great attitude, you’ll have:
- At least 2 or more vintages or relevant industry experience
- A keen interest in sustainability and a passion for excellent winemaking
- Strong initiative, self-motivated and work well under pressure
- The ability to work flexible hours over vintage
What’s in it for you?
- A professional team with strong ethics and great work environment
- Competitive hourly rate, health insurance benefits, a generous wine allowance and daily transport from town to the winery
- Wine knowledge development (WSET and weekly winemaker tastings)
- 2 weeks paid parental/partners leave, and
- A day off on your birthday!
Additional to all of the above, when Covid allows us to all travel freely, there’ll be leave options available for you to participate in overseas vintage opportunities.
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and only people with eligible residency to work in this country can apply.
Candidates also need to know we have completed our health and safety risk assessment to determine the risks of COVID-19 in our workplace and whether vaccinations are inherent to ensuring the health and safety of our team and customers. As the successful candidate will be working in areas of our business where vaccinations are mandated, applicants will need to provide evidence of their vaccination status.
For more information, don’t hesitate to contact Morgan.Potts@Yealands.co.nz or simply submit your details and we will prioritise your application today.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.