Company: Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Uploaded: 10 January 2022
Closes: 10 February 2022
Pernod Ricard Winemakers New Zealand has a permanent position available for an experienced Cellar Hand with relevant experience and skills. We are seeking a positive, capable and self-motivated individual to join our team. This is an outstanding opportunity to join one of Marlborough’s largest wineries!
- An opportunity to work for a global company
- Career development opportunities
- Work in a large winery with some innovative technology and with a clear safety focus
You will not only have access to a great team environment, but you will also receive a generous product allowance and following 12 months of service access to medical insurance for you and your family. We also offer an external free confidential employee counselling service via EAP, as we know life can sometimes be stressful and complicated.
Our Cellar Hands play an integral part in the wine production process from grape receival to finished wine dispatch. They assist with all aspects of juice and wine processing ensuring work is carried out on time and using quality cellar practices.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- a can-do attitude, enthusiasm, to be hard working and have the ability to thrive in a continuous improvement environment with a safety focus
- to have worked at least 1 year full time as a Cellar Hand and across at least 2 vintages
- previous experience working in a large technological winery and to be comfortable working with semi-automated equipment
- to have specific skills or experience in the operation of any of the following equipment; crossflow filtration, centrifuge, decanter, flotation, dynamos
- a practical aptitude and good communication skills
- an interest in wine would be advantageous
- as this role is physically active, a good level of strength and fitness is important
- a full, clean Driver’s Licence is desirable
This role works usually 40hrs per week, with up to 70hrs at peak vintage (a fun and fast- -paced time of year!) and some night shifts/shifts are required at the peak times.
Interested in joining our friendly team!? We would love to hear from you - Apply with your CV and Cover letter via the link!
Please note we will only accept applications from those within New Zealand and with the current ability to legally work within New Zealand. Our sites are all Smokefree.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.