Assistant Winemakers – Vintage
Company: Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Uploaded: 10 January 2022
Closes: 10 February 2022
We have positions available for assisting the Winemakers during our 2022 Vintage. We are seeking positive, capable and self-motivated individuals with winemaking experience to join our vintage team.
We are gearing up for another fantastic vintage and would like to extend a warm welcome for you to join the Pernod Ricard New Zealand Marlborough Winery team in early 2022.
Applicants for these roles will need to have a relevant tertiary qualification, and a keen interest in winemaking. You will need to have operated as a Winemaking Assistant before, or as a senior Wine Technician, and have experienced a number of vintages. Join us to grow your knowledge and be supported by experienced Winemakers from our team.
These are fixed-term, full-time roles, needed for a period of 8 to 10 weeks. Vintage generally runs from early-March to mid-May; however this may vary due to vintage conditions. This will include shift work, and depending on what shift you work on, and in what area, you will have specific tasks to do. Maximum 6 days in a row.
We are passionate about making great wine. Our warm and friendly team are ready to show you why, and welcome you on-board!
- Marlborough location
- Winery experience essential
- Assistant Winemaking/senior Cellar Hand experience essential (numerous vintages)
- On-shift meals provided
- One of New Zealand’s largest wineries
- Great team environment - work with people from all around the world!
- Staff discounts across our New Zealand product range
- Career development opportunities
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A can-do attitude
- Plenty of enthusiasm
- To be hard working
- Have the ability to continuously improve
- Have a safety focus
- Experience in wine making
- Have problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills in English
- The ability to legally work within New Zealand
You will play an important part in vintage, assisting our Winemakers to ensure the quality and technical requirements of various wines and brands are achieved.
Please note, our Marlborough winery is smokefree. You must be in New Zealand to be considered.
The vintage period is expected to begin in late-Feb/early March 2022, with the length dependent on harvest conditions. We expect to bring people onboard early March.
This role is a fixed-term position and includes shift-work to cover our 24-hour operations.
If this sounds like an opportunity to get some great winemaking experience and the challenge that you’ve been waiting for, we’d love to hear from you!
Early applications are encouraged, and we will review applications as they arrive.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.