Company: Rockburn Wines
Uploaded: 23 December 2021
Closes: 23 January 2022
Rockburn’s Winery is located on Ripponvale Road, tucked into the hills behind the township of Cromwell.
Our small team produce award-winning wines that are exported around the world under the Rockburn and Devil’s Staircase brands. Both wine brands have enjoyed remarkable growth in recent years and we’re looking to appoint an Assistant Winemaker to join our team starting prior to vintage 2022.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with winemaking for all brands we produce. There will also be a requirement to provide in market support when required.
- You will hold a tertiary qualification in Winemaking, Oenology, or relevant winemaking experience.
- You will have a minimum of three years’ industry experience.
- Experience in wine production is essential, including Vintrace or VinSight and hands-on experience in a winery cellar.
- You will possess a practical knowledge of wine making systems, processes, and health & safety requirements.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and work to multiple deadlines.
- To be self-motivated, with the ability to work as part of a team, and independently, when required.
- Bring a passion for winemaking.
- Flexibility to work shift hours during our grape harvest, including weekends
- High attention to detail and drive, to produce high quality wines.
Applications must be in writing, providing a cover letter with CV, including at least two references.
A full position description will be provided to all applicants on CV submission.
Phone interviews will start from the 10/01/22 followed with face to face interviews where possible.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.