Hospitality Coordinator (Fixed-Term)
Company: Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Uploaded: 22 December 2021
Closes: 22 January 2022
The Cloudy Bay story is one of adventure. After a single sip in 1983, David Hohnen was captivated by Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. In 1985 David and winemaker Kevin Judd launched Cloudy Bay with a vision for making New Zealand wines of uncompromising quality. It’s been that way ever since.
Cloudy Bay Winery not only captures the essence of Marlborough, but also embodies New Zealand's unique luxury: the luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature’s rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating extraordinary wines that express our place, our heritage and our passion.
Reporting to the Customer Experience Manager, we’re looking for a Hospitality Coordinator to embody the values of our brand, and to deliver a high-standard experience to all visitors to our Marlborough Visitor Centre, by developing and coordinating all winery visits, including Cloudy Bay’s premium events program and Marlborough Wine & Food Festival.
This is a fantastic opportunity to use your strong organizational skills to help facilitate premium events and private experiences, to engage our visitors and further realize the contemporary sophistication and imagination of our brand. Successful applicants will be available to work flexible hours including weekends and public holidays.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating Cloudy Bay premium hosting in liaison with the Customer Experience Manager and Wine Communication Manager
- Managing visitor arrangements and creating a memorable customer experience by meeting the needs of visitors in a prompt and high-quality manner
- Managing and coordinating events including the Jack’s Raw Bar launch, Marlborough Food & Wine Festival, Jackson’s Road Summer Vines Festival and many others
- Arranging all bookings and liaising with our suppliers including caterers, accommodation, transport, florist. Coordinating the use of our facilities and set up and break down for VIP visits and private experiences
- Liaising with internal stakeholders and technical team to provide the right level of hosting
- Support the Cellar Door team in hosting walk-in visitors and private customers
- Participating in communication amongst the Hospitality team in order to align standards and best practices for the team and drive customer service performance
- Managing budget with the Customer Experience Manager
- Being proactive in the approach to health and safety and taking active engagement in all policies and procedures
- Identifying opportunities for increased efficiency and security measures
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Hospitality, Event Management or Tourism
- Proven experience in coordinating customer hosting and events
- Demonstrated attention to detail and a clearly organized work method
- Excellent people skills and a practical ability to host guests and accommodate their needs
- Prior knowledge of best practices in service of food and wine
- A passion for premium customer service and creating engaging experiences
- High energy and a positive, pro-active approach
- Must be computer literate
- A second language is an advantage, but not required
This role is a 12 month fixed-term contract.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.