Assistant Winemaker - Vintage 2022
Company: Vidal Estate, Esk Valley, Te Awa Collection, Villa Maria Estate
Uploaded: 17 December 2021
Closes: 17 January 2022
Villa Maria Hawke’s Bay Villa Maria has an exciting opportunity to join the Winemaking team for the 2022 vintage at our Hawke’s Bay winery located in the famous Gimblett Gravels!
The winery is home to our iconic brands Villa Maria, Esk Valley, Leftfield and Vidal Estate, presenting a unique and engaging opportunity to work closely with a diverse range of wines and our small and dedicated Winemaking team.
We are now seeking a Vintage Assistant Winemaker for the 2022 Harvest. This is a fixed-term position running for 12 weeks from late-February to mid-May. Shift work will be required and during the peak of vintage, working up to 10 hour shifts across 6 days.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Work alongside our Winemakers to facilitate all vintage winemaking processes to ensure a high-quality product.
- Strong systems focus, working with our Winemakers and daily planner to assist in developing and updating fruit intake worksheets and cellar ops.
- Assist with cross-functional communication with our Winemaking, Lab, and Cellar teams to ensure our quality standards are achieved.
- Be actively involved in juice and ferment monitoring and sensory analysis of wines.
In order to be successful in this position you will need to demonstrate:
- Flexibility to work shift hours during our grape harvest, including weekends
- High attention to detail and drive, to produce high quality wines
- Experience and a practical knowledge of wine production and systems is essential. Knowledge of EZY wine operating system an advantage, but not essential.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and work to multiple deadlines.
- To be self-motivated, with the ability to work as part of a team, and independently, when required.
- Bring a sense of humour and passion for winemaking to our vintage team.
To apply, please attach your curriculum vitae and cover letter.
Only applicants with eligibility to work in NZ will be considered.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.