Company: Runner Duck Estate ltd
Uploaded: 17 November 2021
Closes: 20 February 2022
www.runnerduck.co.nz is part of the Plume Collection group.
www.plumecollection.co.nz is a family-owned company based in beautiful Matakana, just 70 kms North of Auckland. We have 4 ha of vines and make quality grapes for our captive Restaurant guests and cellar door with 8 varieties.
We are currently looking for an experienced Vineyard Operator to join our small, quality-focused team in a fixed-term role.
Our vineyard is SWNZ certified.
The role is full-time, 40 hours a week.
Main duties will include:
- Safe and efficient operation of all machinery and implements.
- Undertake all aspects of vineyard machinery operation, including canopy spraying, mulching, trimming and netting.
Besides the normal vineyard operations, through the phenological stages to Harvest, would be part of the job.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience operating and maintaining all specified machinery and implements
- Experience in the vineyard from pruning, shoot thinning, disease identification and harvest
- Have a full, clean drivers licence
- Have chemical handling training, including current Standard Growsafe and Approved Handler
- Strong communication, organisational and time management skills.
Applicants will have:
- A strong work ethic, be a team player
- A commitment to health and safety in the workplace
- The ability to work as part of a team, as well as operating independently
- A good level of physical fitness, health and excellent vision, with the ability to operate a tractor for a full 8-hour day.
Candidates must be eligible to work full-time in New Zealand
Top compensation for the right candidate, will apply.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the greater Auckland wine regions, click here