Vintage Cellar Supervisor
Company: Indevin Ltd
Uploaded: 16 November 2021
Closes: 16 February 2022
We might be a leader in the New Zealand Wine Industry, but that’s not what makes us who we are. Our people are our winning formula; the secret sauce; the kiwifruit to our pavlova (yum). From our vineyard and winery teams, who work together to make sure our wine is outstanding; to our sales and admin teams, who keep everything running behind the scenes - our people are who we are.
We could go on and on about all the things that make our business successful, but all you need to know is that right now, somewhere around the globe, someone is sitting down with a glass of our wine, thinking about how delicious it is. And that’s not just wishful thinking; it’s backed up by data.
About The Role
Vintage is our busiest time of the year! We work hard to get all the grapes in and processed into wine so we can get it out the door to NZ and international shelves. We have an opportunity for a Cellar Supervisor to join our team at our large scale Marlborough winery. The role involves supervision of our Cellar Hand staff, and daily cellar operations during our busy vintage period. We’re looking for someone who can get the best out of their team and motivate them to achieve the tight deadlines and do what it takes to meet their goals. If you have strong communication skills, are great at building motivation and love a challenge, get in touch with us today!
Typically our vintage runs from mid-February to mid/late April.
Because of the nature of our business, our vintage dates might change slightly, but we will always keep you up-to-date with the latest information as we get it.
Ideally you’ll have previous supervision experience in a winery, although if you’ve had experience supervising a team in another industry, we can train you in all things winery and cellar related.
You’ll also need the following:
- interest, and/or experience in winery production methods – operating equipment and machinery
- ability to train and mentor staff
- a team player with a strong work ethic and motivation “can do - will do” attitude
- practical, physically fit, and reliable
- flexibility to work additional or irregular hours
- improvement-focused – quality and safety are important to us
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package
- Delicious food cooked daily during vintage by our on-site vintage chef
- Initial training & on-the-job experience
- Experience with award-winning wine
- Opportunity to get experience that can take you anywhere in the wine industry (and beyond)
All successful applicants need to be eligible to work in New Zealand, and will be required to undergo and pass a Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol test in accordance with the Indevin Drug and Alcohol Policy.
To apply, please email your CV (reference ‘V22 Cellar Supervisor’) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.