Assistant Winemaker - Glover Family Vineyards
Company: Glover Family Vineyards
Uploaded: 11 November 2021
Closes: 30 November 2021
The Glover Family Vineyards whānau is seeking an Assistant Winemaker to join the team.
Established in 1985, Glover Family Vineyards is a small but spirited family-owned wine business with a passion for organic, single-vineyard winegrowing. We make a wide range of hand-crafted wines from vineyards across the Marlborough region, which express the ethereal, aromatic and structural flair of the land.
Our vision is to create an environment embracing the values of whanaungatanga (whanau/community, kinship), kaitiakitanga (guardianship, custodianship) and tūrangawaewae (a sense of place) within the ethos of our business, our vineyards and our winemaking.
The ideal applicant will be instrumental in supporting Ben, Susie and the team as we continue to see and develop premium organic growth within our business.
You will need to be driven, independent, empathetic, articulate, not afraid to get stuck in, and ultimately enjoy all facets of what is ‘Wine’.
- A tertiary qualification in winemaking
- A passion for making and drinking great wine
- 3 years’ industry experience
Ideally, the successful applicant will have the following skills and attributes:
- Ability to work in a small team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills - knowledge of Vintrace
- Proven leadership skills
- Interest in sustainability, organics, biodynamics
- Happy to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty
- Think outside the square – be lateral
- A good sense of awareness and humour
He aha te mea nui o tea o? He tangata, he tangata, he tangata.
What is the most important thing in the world? It is the people, the people, the people.
Due to current travel restrictions, we can only accept applicants who are New Zealand citizens/permanent residents or those that hold a valid work visa.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply via the button above.
Applications close: November 30th 2021.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.