Cellar Door Duty Manager
Company: Sileni Estates
Uploaded: 24 November 2021
Closes: 24 December 2021
Cellar Door Duty Manager – Permanent Part-Time (30 hours) or Fixed-Term
The Sileni Estates Cellar Door is based in the Bridge Pa Triangle, one of Hawkes Bay's premier wine sub-regions. Our modern Cellar Door and summer garden setting offers visitors award-winning wines and platters showcasing the best of Hawke's Bay's seasonal produce.
We are seeking a highly-motivated team player to join our team to support the Cellar Door Manager in running the day-to-day business of the Cellar Door, including private tastings and events. We are a small, tight-knit team passionate about great wine and offering outstanding Cellar Door experiences.
Excellent customer service skills and the desire to provide the best experience possible to our customers, are crucial to this role.
You will be responsible for:
- Hosting visitors and sharing knowledge related to Sileni and other Booster Wine Group brands, as well the Bridge Pa Triangle wine region.
- Turning wine experiences into sales
- Delivering outstanding customer service
- Encouraging visitor loyalty and the wine club membership
- Performing day-to-day tasks: daily set up and pack-down, monitoring and organising bookings, operating the POS system, food preparation and clearing tables ensuring all areas are kept immaculate, wine and food service, wine and merchandise sales, stock monitoring, re-stocking and order dispatching
- Being a proactive team player who works efficiently and closely with all team members
- Following all Health & Safety guidelines as well as laws relating to the Sale of Liquor Act 2012 and Food Safety Act 2014
To succeed in this position, you will have:
- Hold a current duty managers certificate
- Excellent communication skills and be team-orientated
- Be friendly and confident talking to groups
- Be sales-focused, wine knowledgeable and passionate about people
- Be physically fit with a can-do attitude
- A fluent English speaker, additional languages are a bonusPrevious hospitality or tasting room experience
- Be computer literate
- Have a willingness to work in other areas of the business as needed
- You must have legal rights to work in New Zealand
You will be given a competitive rate, training, and on-the-job support to establish you as a successful member of our fun team.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.