Senior Cellar Supervisor
Company: TWE - MATUA
Uploaded: 13 October 2021
Closes: 13 November 2021
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) is one of the world’s leading wine companies. We know that it’s the thinkers, makers and doers who have the most impact as we continue to strive towards being recognised as the world’s most-admired premium wine company. We are proud of our portfolio of brands that have tremendous heritage, rich quality and a reputation for excellence across the globe. From the iconic luxury of Penfolds, to the broad appeal of Matua and Squealing Pig to our newer brands like 19 Crimes, we are committed to creating memorable wine experiences for our consumers.
About the role
Based out our Matua Winery, this key leadership position will ensure the efficient operation of cellar production by coaching the cellar team to meet the winery’s targets and production needs in a manner that complies with all safety policies and other relevant standards.
- Harvest period: Shift Team Leader. Hands on. Floor based role.
- Outside Harvest period: Desk based position. Develop Induction program, training, training assessment, logistics and auditing processes.
- Create and review SOP and RAs.
- Co-ordinate, allocate and complete work as required to meet production plans and cellar notes.
- Provide on-going support for the cellar as required, ensuring the cellar as a whole meets targets and timeframes.
- Report quality and process improvement issues to Cellar Manager.
- Develop relationships and assist Winemakers when necessary.
- Ensure compliance with safety rule and SOP's.
- Provide training, mentoring and supervision to ensure team members are competent to perform tasks.
- Assist team members in development of safe methods of work through risk assessments and job safety analysis.
With Relevant wine industry/cellar operations experience you will have well-rounded communication and people leadership capability.
- Ability to problem solve and see problems and take action before a major problem
- Company policy and procedure understanding and competence
- Sound coaching, counselling skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good computer skills and literacy
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to be bold and make an impact in the world of wine
- Access to the world’s most celebrated wines through our employee product allowance
- True flexibility in determining how, when and where you work to achieve your potential
- Global opportunities across Australia & New Zealand, the US, Asia, UK/Europe
- Opportunity to build a career across multiple functions (we’re really good at doing this!)
- Structured development programs to support your health, wellbeing and career
“TWEforME Day” – an additional day of leave each year, for you to do you.
Please apply on the link below, or via the "apply" button above.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.