Winery Logistics Coordinator
Company: Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Uploaded: 05 October 2021
Closes: 05 November 2021
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A can-do attitude
- Plenty of enthusiasm
- To be hard working
- Have the ability to continuously improve
- Have a safety focus
- Be comfortable working with data and detailed plans
- To be comfortable understanding and then putting a plan into action
- Problem-solving skills
- A good level of mathematical skill and ability to work with a variety of people
- Good communication skills in English
- The ability to legally work within New Zealand, and be in New Zealand now
You will play an important part in vintage, coordinating with when grapes arrive, and where they then need to be sent for processing. You will be great at working with people, and getting the logistics right on time, the first time.
Please note, our Marlborough winery is smoke free.
The vintage period is expected to begin in late-Feb/March 2022, with the length dependent on harvest conditions.
This role is a fixed-term position and includes shift-work to cover our 24-hour operations, with six days max in a row.
If this sounds like an opportunity and the challenge that you’ve been waiting for, we’d love to hear from you! Early applications are encouraged, and we will review applications as they arrive.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.