Cellar Hand - Vintage 2022
Company: Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Uploaded: 04 October 2021
Closes: 04 November 2021
The Cloudy Bay story is one of adventure. After a single sip in 1983, David Hohnen was captivated by Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. In 1985 David and winemaker Kevin Judd launched Cloudy Bay with a vision for making New Zealand wines of uncompromising quality. It’s been that way ever since.
The Vintage Season is coming!
Early February 2022, we will begin our harvest season in Marlborough and have a number of positions available for experienced and passionate Cellar Hands. We offer an engaging season with comprehensive induction and applied technical training in a modern winemaking environment. You will gain comprehensive world-standard experience and widen your network of winemaking friends.
The Cellar Hand role
During the harvest period, you may work shifts up to 12 hours in length, up to 6/7 days per week. You will receive a competitive rate, regular breaks, training and a catered meal for shifts of more than 10 hours.
You will use your outstanding work ethic to perform diverse responsibilities across:
- Grape receival, processing and pressing;
- Racking and tank transfer;
- Red and white fermentation management;
- Barrel management;
Requirements and how to apply
In order for your application to be considered, you must have:
- Previous vintage season experience as a Cellar Hand (1-3 past vintages) performing grape receiving, racking, transfer and barrel work;
- The ability to lawfully work in New Zealand or obtain the right to lawfully work in New Zealand;
- Solid English language skills;
- Refined and efficient work style and enthusiastic attitude;
- Resilience and a good sense of humor;
- Previous forklift, confined space and health & safety training is desirable;
If you are interested to apply, please visit:
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.