Vintage Laboratory Technician
Company: Johnson Estate Limited t/a Spy Valley Wines
Uploaded: 04 October 2021
Closes: 04 November 2021
Seek Spy, find why. A family-owned winery that has been inspiring the world of wine since 2000.
Comprising six varieties of grapes over 180 hectares of estate vineyards, Spy Valley operates a modern, fully-integrated viticulture, winemaking, and bottling facility. Continually striving for excellence, our people are part of our family, bringing passion and heart to Spy HQ.
We are currently looking for a Vintage Laboratory Technician to join our winemaking team for approximately 4 months commencing mid-February. The role will involve conducting routine analysis on juice and wine samples, preparing fining trials, as well as data entry using Vintrace and Excel.
You will need to have:
- A keen eye for both detail and anomalies
- The ability to work quickly and reliably, both as part of a team and independently
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Mathematical skills
- Laboratory experience preferred, but not essential
- Wine harvest experience
- Experience with record-keeping software; Vintrace would be an advantage
Benefits & Culture:
- Meal allowance or option of cooked meals
- Competitive wage
- We celebrate and reward your hard work at the end of the season with a fabulous Harvest celebration!
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.