Nanny Goat Vineyard Manager
Company: Nanny Goat Vineyard
Uploaded: 01 October 2021
Closes: 01 November 2021
Nanny Goat Vineyard is a successful Central Otago wine company based in the picturesque Queensberry, just a short 15 minute drive from Wanaka or 20 minutes from Cromwell.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Vineyard Manager to join the Nanny Goat team!
The focus of this role is to manage the daily operations and production of quality organically-certified fruit from the Nanny Goat Vineyard. This is a hands-on position and will work closely with the independent viticulturalist, and Nanny Goat Winemaker to develop and implement the annual vineyard management plan including new development.
Some key responsibilities will include:
- Irrigation, trellis, and infrastructure maintenance
- Pests, diseases control
- Identify and address plant health and nutrition issues as they arise
- Engage staff and contractors as required to ensure seasonal operations are undertaken in a timely manner
- Delivering the organic spray program in line with the annual vineyard plan and adjust in line with seasonal conditions
- Management and supervision of the pruning and picking processes
- Frost control & fighting
- Maintaining Biogro Organic and SWNZ certification
- Ensure all equipment is maintained in good order
- Preparing and adhering to financial and operational budgets
Cellar Door & Brand Support
- such as providing backup cover for Cellar Door
- hosting trade and other guests on vineyard tours
- and working with Nanny Goat Brand Management to provide marketing collateral and vineyard insights
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below:
- 5+ years experience in vineyard operations
- Qualifications in viticulture or similar agriculture production
- Strong viticultural knowledge and commitment to best practice
- A keen interest in Organics
- Strong, clear communication
- Team player
- Passion for quality and a keen eye for detail
- Skilled Machinery Operator
If this sounds like you, please apply within!
Applicants must have New Zealand citizenship/residency or a valid existing work visa. Own transportation is also a must.
Please note that due to a large number of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.