Vintage Cellar Hands 2022
Company: Maude Wines
Uploaded: 29 September 2021
Closes: 29 October 2021
Maude is a family-owned winery based in beautiful Wanaka, Central Otago.
Our Wanaka winery is not only the home for the Maude range of wines, but it also provides the facility and staff to make the wines of several premium contract clients. We processes up to 800T, all of which is small batch quality fruit from across the region, making it a great place to learn about Central Otago.
We are seeking Cellar Hands to join our small and passionate team for vintage 2022. Candidates must be able to work under pressure, do long hours with a smile, have good attention to detail, be energetic, hands-on and have a great sense of humour.
Our harvest generally runs from the late-March to early-June; however, this can vary depending on the season and will be confirmed closer to vintage. There will be a solid 6-8 weeks of work available over this time. Your work in the winery will be split across all duties including fruit receival, crusher/destemmer operation, forklift work, rackings, transfers, plunging, pump overs, dig outs, barrel work, monitoring ferments, juice and wine additions and cleaning/sanitisation.
It would be great if you had:
- Previous experience working vintage, but we do have roles for people with no experience who are passionate about wine, so get in touch.
- A degree in Viticulture/Oenology.
- Experience driving a forklift.
- Sound knowledge of winery and vineyard safety.
- Good health and fitness are essential, as the work is physically demanding.
- A current driver’s licence, valid in NZ.
- A high level of English (written and spoken).
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.