Company: Palliser Estate
Uploaded: 28 September 2021
Closes: 31 October 2021
Harvest Assistant 2022
Vintage 2022 is set to be a great one and we need your input with the wines!
With six special vineyards, three of which certified organic, we aim to use the diversity in varietals, clones, soil and microbiology to create memorable wines with sense of place. This fruit diversity transcends to daily winemaking throughout harvest and ultimately into the final wines. We’re hoping you can help us with the task.
- Passion and knowledge sharing – bring your ideas and experience
- Grape sampling – lots of tasting with analysis
- Fruit receival & processing – decision time and workout
- Fermentation management – fun!
- Juice and wine processing – we supply the flashlight
- Lab analysis – personal fav!
- Cellar hygiene
Please note, this role is physically demanding with attention to detail, key, and experience an advantage. This position generally extends 8 weeks, early-March to early-May, working between 8 to 12 hours per day, through fruit receival, up to 6 days per week.
- Personal Pinot Noir project. Choose the fruit and make the wine – how, is up to you!
- Catered lunch
- Sound system
- Forklift certification
- Harvest celebrations
- Kansas – the schnoodle
- Local butcher, baker and pub(s)
Ideally you would have previous experience in the winery, with passion for Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, but we are open to anyone willing to learn.
Please express interest via the “Apply” button.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For more information about the Martinborough/Wairarapa wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.