Vintage Laboratory Technician
Company: Treasury Wine Estates (Matua) Ltd
Uploaded: 28 September 2021
Closes: 28 October 2021
At Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) we know that it’s the thinkers, makers and doers who have the most impact as we continue to strive towards being recognised as the world’s most celebrated wine company. We are proud of our portfolio of brands that have tremendous heritage, rich quality and a reputation for excellence across the globe. From the iconic luxury of Penfolds, to the broad appeal of Matua, Shingle Peak, Squealing Pig, Penfolds, Wolf Blass and Pepperjack. We are committed to creating memorable wine experiences for our consumers.
We would like to hear from passionate and experienced Laboratory Technicians interested in joining our Vintage 2022 team in Marlborough.
Our vintage roles are full-time, fixed-term positions usually running from mid-Feb to May, depending on winery requirements. During the peak of harvest our vintage staff can work a 6-day week, with up to 12-hour shifts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Sampling and running lab analysis
- Carrying out quality control checks
- Trouble-shooting and problem solving
- Supporting other team members of a close-knit team
To be successful in this role applicants should have a passion for wine and preferably be experienced in the use of laboratory equipment. Ideally, but not essential, candidates will hold a tertiary qualification in a scientific field. Applicants must have good written and verbal English language skills and have legal entitlement to work in NZ.
As a part of the Matua vintage team you will have the opportunity to work with a great team, earn competitive pay, and receive valuable training.
If this sounds like you, please apply by submitting the following documents, via the button above:
- CV or resume
- Cover letter
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.