Hawke's Bay Viticulture & Winery Cadet
Company: Vidal Estate, Esk Valley, Te Awa Collection, Villa Maria Estate
Uploaded: 27 September 2021
Closes: 27 October 2021
Villa Maria is 100% New Zealand owned and is New Zealand’s Most Awarded winery. For the last four consecutive years Villa Maria has been named in the top ten most-admired wine brands in the world, and number one in New Zealand by Drinks International. At Villa Maria we are as passionate about our people as we are about producing quality wine.
Villa Maria Family of Wineries has a state-of-the-art winery located in the Gimblett Gravels of Hawkes Bay, a multifaceted grape growing region with a reputation for world class Chardonnay, Syrah and Bordeaux Blends in addition to our suite of aromatic white varietals. Our Hawke’s Bay vineyards and winery is home to our iconic brands Villa Maria, Vidal Estate, Esk Valley and Leftfield, and presents a unique and engaging opportunity to work with some of New Zealand’s most-renowned viticulturists and winemakers. The Cadetship program is an exciting opportunity to build a career with a dynamic and progressive winemaking company.
Following the promotion of one of our current Cadets to a permanent position, we are looking for a new Cadet to join us on a 2-year fixed term. This position is split between the Viticulture and Winery teams and is a great opportunity to dip your toe into the industry and learn about both Viticulture and Winery operations.
- Share our culture of Health & Safety first and be eager to learn our processes and procedures.
- Willingness to learn and comply with winery regulations & compliance.
- Vintage Winery operations, including but not limited to barrel work, tank cleaning, machine operation, forklift operation, use of additives, accurate completion of required paperwork and ability to work 10 – 12hour shifts.
- Ability to undertake shift work in the winery on a roster basis, which may include night shift duties.
- Assist Vineyard Operation teams with vineyard operations, repairs and maintenance including; trellising and irrigation repairs, basic machinery operation work and young vine training.
- Assist the Viticulture Technical Officer with seasonal duties such as pest & disease monitoring, maturity sampling and other quality control tasks as required.
In order to be successful in this position you will need to demonstrate:
- A keen interest in winemaking and viticulture and show passion for pursuing a career in wine.
- Desire to be an active participant and eager to learn in our team environment.
- Be self-motivated and energetic with a great work ethic.
- The ability to multi-task and work well under pressure, while having a strong attention to detail.
- Strong initiative with a focus on continual improvement.
- Flexibility to work shift hours, weekend and early starts, particularly during our annual grape harvest, including weekends.
- Full NZ (or equivalent) Drivers Licence.
This role would be suitable for a recent graduate or someone looking to gain experience in the industry.
To apply, please attach your curriculum vitae, cover letter and complete the application form.
Due to boarder closures, we will only be accepting applicants from New Zealand residents or international applicants who are currently in New Zealand. Evidence of a work visa or residency will be required.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.