Company: Villa Maria
Uploaded: 24 September 2021
Closes: 24 October 2021
It's vintage time at the iconic, acclaimed and highly-awarded Villa Maria Winery - vintage is all about being part of making truly amazing wine.
For the team at the heart of this annual experience, there's much more to be made in addition to wine. You'll make great friends (it'll feel like family by the end), good money, new skills and incredible memories. That's just a taste of what you can look forward to making when you're part of our vintage crew.
We're gearing up now for vintage 2022, and a key for us is having a great team of Cellar Hands lined up and ready to be part of the action. So, whether you've worked in a winery before (preferably a previous vintage), or you're simply keen to get involved to try something totally new, we think this is something for you.
Vintage at our Marlborough winery runs for 9 -12 weeks from March 2022 (with the possibility of extended work in our Vineyards once vintage in the winery has ended). So, if you can commit to that timeframe, and the physical hands-on work involved, we want to hear from you. You'll do a bit of everything during your time with us and you're sure to learn and laugh a lot along the way.
One moment you might be indoors - pressing grapes, cleaning tanks, or handling barrels. The next moment you could be outdoors picking and sorting grapes. You can expect excellent variety (in both the work and the types of wine), and the support of a passionate, talented and friendly team, every step of the way.
As you'd expect:
- Your attitude and being fit, reliable, great in a team environment and safety focused in everything you do will make you an awesome fit
- You'll need to be available to work shifts of up to 12 hours/6 days a week at vintage peak. For the early starters, your reward will be the amazing views and sunrises from the top of the tanks
- If you have vintage experience that's ideal, but it's not essential as we'll provide full training on how we do things;
- You need to be prepared (if required) to undertake a pre-employment medical examination and drug and alcohol test
During the peak of vintage, to keep you going you'll receive a hot meal everyday and other snacks and treats plus, you'll have access to our great wines at discounted prices.
If you're up for a working adventure with one of New Zealand's best-loved wineries and can hack the Marlborough sauvalanche, get in touch today and if you didn't start with a passion for wine, you might just leave with one.
Due to current COVID restrictions, you must be able to work in New Zealand to be considered.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.