Vintage Cellar Hand & Laboratory Technicians
Company: Delegat Limited
Uploaded: 23 September 2021
Closes: 23 December 2021
Delegat has earned a reputation as one of New Zealand's leading winemakers achieving global success with our Oyster Bay brand. We focus exclusively on making the world's most sought-after Super-Premium wines and have invested in modern technology and facilities. Delegat Hawke's Bay winery is a new facility with a 10,000-tonne capacity and focuses primarily on the Merlot, Pinot Gris, and Chardonnay varieties which are all harvested locally.
We are seeking dynamic and motivated people to join our team for a truly rewarding vintage experience.
- Our Vintage Cellar Hands are involved in various winemaking and cellar operations from grape receival through to fermentation management, clarification, and cooperage operations.
- Our Vintage Laboratory Technicians work in a fast-paced environment and are responsible for the accurate analysis and quality testing of our world class wines, consistent with industry best practices.
Employment would commence early-February 2022 through to late-April 2022. Peak work patterns will consist of 12 hours per day, six to seven days per week, with regular days off provided.
- You thrive in a team environment
- You have strong attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills.
- You have a self-starting attitude with the energy, motivation, and stamina required to be effective in a dynamic and demanding environment.
- You have previous cellar hand/lab experience or are interested to gain experience in the wine industry.
We support our vintage team by providing competitive pay rates, thorough in-house training, local information packs, personal protective equipment, and vintage meals. Support to source accommodation can also be provided if required.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, then click on the ‘apply’ button! This will take you to our careers website where you can view the numerous opportunities available at Delegat.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.