Company: Constellation Brands New Zealand Ltd
Uploaded: 23 September 2021
Closes: 23 October 2021
Constellation Brands New Zealand is the country’s #1 exporter of wine to the US, with our brands such as Kim Crawford and Selaks driving category growth across the Pacific. In New Zealand and Australia, our innovation continues to hit store shelves with Crafters Union, Selaks Taste Collection and more recently into craft spirits across Australia. Our people and brands are what set us apart from the competition, to carry out our vision of creating brands worth reaching for.
About the Role
As a Winemaker at our Selaks Winery you will assist the Site Winemaker/Production Leader in the management of all stages of our site-specific company winemaking process, while ensuring the winemaking production processes are conducted inline with agreed standards and quality procedures.
- Support in the development of a plan to execute winemaking activities, while also being responsible for the creation and documentation of wine specifications and contributing to the development of some of our key wine styles
- Develop plans for the winemaking and cellar team to ensure completion of activities to meet the bottling schedule and bulk dispatch requirements
- Manage and audit Wine Quality Control systems in the winery for fruit picking through to bottling
- Contribute to the annual harvest planning and logistics process and assist with wider needs as required and provide input into the long term/annual operating and vintage plans
- Carry out the implementation and recording of cellar operations and instructions to cellar staff ensuring that company procedures are up-to-date and followed at all times.
- Maintain accurate records and registers in the winery and participate in audits when required for compliance of company records
- Effectively lead, and develop the Assistant Winemaker, and indirectly lead the Cellar and Laboratory staff to achieve the wineries strategic objectives
- Work with the wider team in ensuring continuous improvement is embedded in our winemaking activities
- You will possess a relevant tertiary winemaking qualification or related Food Science degree/diploma
- You have a minimum of 2 years cellar experience, and a minimum of 3 years winemaking experience
- You will have had experience in day-to-day winery management, with well-developed people and interpersonal skills and be able to communicate clearly across all levels of the organisation
- You will possess a demonstrated understanding of Wine Quality Management systems and ideally an understanding of BRC, FSC2200 or similar food safety standard
- A team player, motivated, proactive and a quality focus are all key personal attributes to be successful in this role
Benefits & Culture
At Constellation Brands we believe people are our greatest asset, therefore we provide benefits to our employees and work hard on creating a culture of inclusion and diversity. A taster of some of our exceptional benefits include a flexible working environment, wellness subsidy - because we believe healthy employees are happy employees - and a generous wine allowance so you can sample some of the best wine on the market!
Only candidates with the right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this role. Please proceed to application if you hold a current work visa or citizenship/passport.
Constellation Brands is a member of Diversity Works New Zealand. We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value and encourage participation of all applicants regardless of their background.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.