Company: Matt Connell Wines
Uploaded: 22 September 2021
Closes: 15 October 2021
Assistant Winemaker - Matt Connell Wines; Central Otago – New Zealand
We are seeking an Assistant Winemaker for our small business. This role is multi-faceted and will be a key member of Matt Connell Wines. The Assistant Winemaker will help oversee the production of a range of wines for ourselves and our contract clients.
This role will commence March 2022.
The position is a physically-active role and requires a strong balance of hands-on and technical skills.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in supervising all day-to-day cellar operations
- Supervise and train vintage staff
- Assist with laboratory analysis
- Review and implementation of SOP
- Oversee safety training and management of compliance issues to provide a safe work place
- Maintain winery equipment
- Finish wines for bottling
- Hosting at our onsite tasting room and engaging with our customers, when required
- Assist with contract crossflow filtration
Desired skills and experience:
- Degree in Oenology or equivalent
- Experience with both the practical and technical aspects of the winemaking process, both fermentation and finishing wines.
- Confident communication and leadership skills
- Experience in a premium winemaking environment
- Strong organizational, teambuilding and problem solving skills, with attention to detail
- Strong forklift operating skills
Please email in confidence your resume and covering letter to:email@example.com by 15 October 2021.
All applicants must be NZ based or have the right to work in New Zealand.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.