Vintage Weighbridge Assistants
Company: Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Uploaded: 21 September 2021
Closes: 21 November 2021
Vintage 2022 is fast approaching, so this is your opportunity to join us in beautiful Marlborough for one of the most exciting events on the wine industry calendar!
We have openings for six fixed-term Vintage Weighbridge Assistants to join the Viticulture Team for 6-8 weeks over the grape harvest, starting around mid-February 2022. Three of these roles will be dayshift positions, and three roles will be nightshift positions.
Your duties will be varied, and may include assisting the Technical Team with harvest preparation tasks in the vineyards, as well as the standard weighbridge tasks below:
- Collection and recording of grape maturity information
- Weighing grape trucks in/out of the winery
- Data entry of all truck/trailer weights
- Keeping accurate records as appropriate
- Monitoring trucking flow and adherence to the intake plan
- Liaising with the winery and vineyard as required
We’re looking for enthusiastic people who:
- Enjoy the buzz of a fast-paced work environment
- Are great team players and communicators – both written and verbal
- Are great at multi-tasking and working under pressure
- Have strong attention to detail
- Have an excellent work ethic
- Have sound computer literacy - particularly with Microsoft Teams, Outlook, and Excel
- Have a full NZ drivers license (or international equivalent)
- Able to work six days per week, up to 12 hours per day
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in the Marlborough wine industry and meet some great people. Previous weighbridge experience is an advantage, but is not essential as full training will be provided. If this sounds like the challenge you’ve been waiting for, we’d love to hear from you! Don’t delay, as we’ll be reviewing applications as they come in.
We offer yummy vintage meals over peak vintage, a chance to meet some amazing people, and a chance to make some extra money while learning new skills!
Please note in your application if your preference is for the dayshift or nightshift position.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ working rights, and must be in New Zealand now.
Please note that all our sites are Smokefree.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.