Company: Spring Creek Vintners Ltd
Uploaded: 18 October 2021
Closes: 18 November 2021
Spring Creek Vintners is a family-owned winemaking company, located in Marlborough. We produce premium wines for our award-winning brands, Rapaura Springs and Summerhouse, and make wine for some of New Zealand’s leading wine labels.
We are looking for a Vineyard Operator, based at our Awatere vineyard, to join our dedicated viticulture team.
Applicants will need to have proven machinery handling skills, strong practical ability and be willing to assist with any role within the vineyard.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- An eagerness to learn, proactive and highly motivated.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to work well within a team.
- A willingness to work additional hours as the season demands.
- A class 1 license.
- A Growsafe certification and tertiary qualification is desirable, but not essential.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a vineyard operations role is desirable, however thorough training in all aspects of operations will be provided.
Typical duties will include the following:
- Machinery setup and calibration
- Irrigation and fertigation experience
- Yield forecast counting, estimation and recording
- Vineyard pest and disease identification and control
Spring Creek Vintners is an equal opportunities employer. We can offer a solid career path with opportunities to grow and good pay rates.
Joining our viticulture team offers the opportunity to work with some of Marlborough's best wine industry professionals and gain exposure to a broad range of techniques and practices in viticulture and winemaking. We believe in working hard, having fun, and are passionate about growing great wine.
We offer a fuel subsidy to those driving from the Blenheim area to our Awatere site.
Applications close on 18th November 2021.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com Subject: Recruitment for Vineyard.
Please note applicants must hold a valid work visa.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.