Vintage Workers 2022
Company: Marlborough Vintners
Uploaded: 16 September 2021
Closes: 16 November 2021
Marlborough Vintners is a contract wine facility located in the heart of Marlborough’s wine region.
Established in 2007, Marlborough Vintners consists of contract wine processing, vineyard investments, harvest contracting, branded and bulk wine sales and contract brewing.
Our winery produces wine for 22 different clients, making for an interesting and diverse range of work, wine styles and techniques. We take in a capacity of 15,000 tonnes of grapes each harvest, juice quantities varying from small batch tank/barrel work, up to bulk tanks as large as 216,000L. Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Riesling and Syrah are a handful of varieties you will commonly see in Marlborough Vintners winery.
Each year, Marlborough Vintners builds a team of 50 vintage workers from various backgrounds to bring their dedication and knowledge to support us with the year’s harvest.
Our vintage season in Marlborough will begin early-March and we have a number of positions available:
- Assistant Winemakers
- Team leaders
- Vintage workers
- Laboratory assistants
During the peak harvest period our winery will run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with vintage staff working up to 6 x 12 hour shifts per week.
On top of that, we enjoy a social and collaborative work culture, and offer a very attractive vintage package:
- Competitive pay rate
- Accommodation provided
- Transport to and from the winery provided
- Onsite meals and snacks provided
- All safety gear provided, including work boots
- Comprehensive training
- Training/courses provided specific to position e.g. forklift license
- Social perks/team events
To apply to be a part of our team you must:
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Be able to communicate in English
- Have resilience and a good sense of humour
- Due to the current closure of the New Zealand border, at this stage applicants will only be accepted from New Zealand residents, or international applicants who are currently in New Zealand with a valid visa
- The roles are required from early March
- Previous experience is desired but not necessary
If this sounds like you, apply to join our bustling vintage team in the beautiful Marlborough region of New Zealand! Where we have great wine, surrounded by stunning mountains, and are… covid free!
Apply with your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your cover letter please indicate your previous winery/vintage experience along with other relevant skills. Also include current contact details, reference contact details and visa status.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.