Viticulture Consultant/Vineyard Manager
Surrey, South of England
Company: Veraison Ltd
Uploaded: 15 September 2021
Closes: 15 October 2021
Due to high demand from the UK sector, Veraison is building a team of professional viticulturists, making premium precision vineyard management and consultancy accessible to vineyards of all sizes. We are a growing business with opportunities for the right candidate to grow with us and be a part of a professional, knowledgeable, fun and supportive team.
This exciting and dynamic role involves high-level technical and precise management of multiple vineyards and requires strong viticultural knowledge with a minimum of 5 years' managerial experience in cool climate viticulture.
Managing multiple vineyards your role will be to build strong relationships with the clients and provide exceptional vineyard management services in order to achieve premium results for each client.
This will include, but not be limited to:
- Visit client vineyards regularly to undertake all vineyard management activities, including to scout, analyse, plan, organize, record keep and report.
- Manage the timing and details of each vineyard operation and ensure carried out as required, in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Source, instruct and manage third party contractors or manage in-house teams, including vineyard staff training and team supervision, as required.
- Support clients with vineyard forecasting and budgeting.
- Work closely with agronomists to optimise spray programs and develop IPM systems.
- Continuously seek to improve clients vineyard sustainability, both environmentally and financially through strong management techniques.
The provision of technical viticulture consultancy will also be required together with project work such as new product development e.g. ag-tech research & development and tractor driving/operations. Other ad-hoc work for the wider Vinescapes group may also be required.
Applicant Skills and qualifications:
- Viticulture degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years cool climate vineyard management experience
- Personable, confident and a comfortable public speaker
- Passionate, pro-active and independent
- Full clean driver's license
- Competent tractor operator, including spraying (PA1,2 & 3 licences preferable)
- Strong IT skills, including microsoft/google and other vineyard management apps.
- Eligible to work in the UK
The role is based in Dorking, Surrey, UK with work across the south of England. An attractive salary and benefits is offered for this exciting role.
To apply for this post please send your CV and a covering statement setting out why you would be suitable for this post. Closing date 4th October 2021.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the UK wine industry, visit the UK Vineyards Association website: www.ukva.org.uk