Permanent Laboratory Technician
Company: Indevin Ltd
Uploaded: 13 September 2021
Closes: 26 September 2021
We could give you the official, ahem, boring (sorry marketing team) spiel from our website but instead, let’s tell you about the real Indevin.
- We are a good ol’ Kiwi company who is proud to be a wine industry leader and we have years’ of hard work to thank for it.
- We grow grapes and create wine that become international market leaders (that’s no small task)
- We work with people from all over the world because our diversity makes us stronger
- At the end of the day we’re a family and we are very passionate about what we do. We love wine, sharing our knowledge and making Indevin an inspiring place to work.
About Marlborough Winery
We’ve got wineries in Gisborne & Hawke’s Bay, but our Marlborough winery is the biggest by far! It has a 40,000 tonne crush capacity and a whopping 40 million litres of tank capacity.
We are a leading player in the NZ wine industry with vineyards and wineries throughout the country. We take a values-based approach to everything we do and the result is a cohesive, caring and highly-accomplished workplace. We embrace the role of science and technology in winemaking and have ambitious targets for future growth. As part of this exciting future, we are pleased to be able to offer a new permanent role in our accredited Marlborough laboratory. Experienced lab technicians are invited to apply.
About the role
The role entails the timely provision of high-quality analytical data to support internal production as well as external clientele. As an accredited laboratory, rigorous quality control is essential.
Core responsibilities of the successful applicant will include:
- Conducting chemical and microbiological analyses on grape juice and wine
- Adhering to stringent protocols for monitoring the accuracy and precision of data
- Supporting daily lab operations such as sampling, cleaning, record keeping and data entry
- Conducting routine instrument calibration, maintenance and servicing
- Supporting and contributing to continuous improvement initiatives
Experience in a fast-paced winery is an advantage, but attitude, motivation and a drive to learn and improve are essential. You’ll be an excellent team player, work hard and deliver results, demonstrate leadership skills and have a strong focus on quality.
- Minimum of 2 yr operational lab experience in a FMCG environment
- Experience in an accredited (ISO17025) laboratory is a plus
- Tertiary degree in a related field
- Above-average capability in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and maintain a high-level of attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and a solutions-based approach
- Flexibility to work long and irregular hours over harvest
- A sense of humour
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent remuneration package aligned to industry
- Commitment to investing in you through our annual personnel development program
- Professional yet fun, family feel environment – we aren’t just saying that either
- Morning tea and lunch provided on Wednesdays and all meals throughout harvest
- Access to our exclusive wine club which is the only place you can purchase our secret award-winning wine label (and we sell it at cost)
- Working for a company that works hard to uphold the Indevin values of being dynamic, better together, valuing respect and we always try and find a way
- Be part of an ever expanding and ambitious company
This role will commence from 1 Nov 2021.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
Applications close 26th September 2021.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.