Winery Vintage Crew 2022
Company: VinLink Marlborough
Uploaded: 10 September 2021
Closes: 10 December 2021
Experienced in the wine industry, or looking for an exciting new adventure this autumn? Come and work for VinLink this vintage at one of Marlborough’s largest and modern wineries.
Vintage experience would be an advantage, but if you have not worked vintage before, this is not our first rodeo and we have a great training programme in place, so don’t hesitate to apply!
Who are we?
VinLink is a contract winery working primarily with Marlborough’s signature grape, Sauvignon Blanc. We have industry leading technology and a wide array of cool machines. If you want to experience vintage, VinLink is the place to do it.
We are currently looking for passionate and motivated team players to join us for the 2022 vintage in the following roles:
Vintage Area Supervisors and Leading Cellar Hands
You will be involved in training and leading a small team in daily winery operations, so we are looking for:
- strong leaders with excellent communication skills and a robust understanding of all cellar operations
- vintage experience
- previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage
Vintage Cellar Hands
Strong leaders are nothing without a great team, so we also need keen Cellar Hands. We are looking for people with:
- strong self-motivation
- good verbal communication
- time, process, and practical roll-up your sleeves hands-on skills
- enjoy working both independently and as part of a close team
Vintage Lab Technicians
The lab is an integral part of the winemaking process, and for these roles we are looking for people with:
- strong attention to detail
- good verbal and written English skills
- an ability to multi-task.
All applicants should:
- have a strong health and safety awareness
- have a reasonable level of physical fitness
- be available to work from late-February/early-March until the end of the grape intake (typically for 6 to 8 weeks)
- have the flexibility to work up to 12-hour shifts, 6-7 days a week, either day or night shifts. (But hey, even if you can’t commit to these hours but are interested in the industry - apply anyway, as we may still have some job options for you)
- There is the potential for work extending beyond the vintage period for the right applicant(s)
- a fun and supportive team environment
- full on the job training
- competitive pay and other attractive incentives
- a tasty meal when working 12-hour shifts
- assistance with sourcing accommodation
What do we need from you as well as your CV? A cover letter telling us about you and why you want to work for us would be a great start!
Due to the current closure of the New Zealand border, we are only accepting applications from New Zealand residents or international applicants who are currently in New Zealand.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.