Senior Machinery Operator
Company: Vidal Estate, Esk Valley, Te Awa Collection, Villa Maria Estate
Uploaded: 31 August 2021
Closes: 30 September 2021
Villa Maria continues to lead the industry in innovation, sustainability and quality while remaining proudly NZ owned and operated. The reason for our excellent wine? Our people! This is your opportunity to be part of the team that brings the world New Zealand’s most awarded wine.
We are looking for an experienced Operator to join our whanau in the Awatere Valley!
Reporting to our Vineyard Manager, the successful applicant will give assistance and guidance to staff on all things machinery. This role will require 90% operation and 10% machinery repair.
From Pellenc to Fendt and everything in between, the Senior Operator will know how to get the best of all vineyard machinery and be able to help with R&M, Diagnosis, Quality Assurance and Set-up while also performing machinery operations themselves.
This is a permanent, full-time role with hours expected to be 45+ throughout the year. We are a team that works and plays hard, we value the work/life balance and pull together to get the work done.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent attention to detail in all operations to achieve optimal fruit and wine quality
- Initiative and drive for continuous improvement in vineyard operations
- Minimum 4 years harvesting and vineyard operation experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude with Vineyard Machinery and implements
- Wheels and Forklift endorsements
- Standard Growsafe Certificate
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication and a commitment to workplace safety
- Excellent physical health & fitness
If you are a great team player, results-orientated, self-motivated and passionate about growing quality wines, then Villa Maria is the place for you.
In return, we can offer the opportunity to work with a great group of people, comprehensive training and a commitment to career development.
Please note that to be considered you must be able to work in New Zealand permanently.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.