Vintage Vacancies - Grove Mill
Company: Grove Mill
Uploaded: 31 August 2021
Closes: 30 November 2021
We’ve been making wine with as much thought for our environment as wine excellence for over 30 years. We’re carrying our enduring legacy of sustainability into the future - We’re here for good.
- Winery powered with the help of solar energy.
- Nurtured Wetlands Programme.
- Locally bottled, using recycled NZ glass bottles.
- Labels made from sugarcane, a natural, highly-renewable and sustainably sourced material.
Grove Mill Winery is part of Foley Wines – a collection of iconic New Zealand wineries and brands from New Zealand’s most acclaimed wine regions. Each with a unique story of New Zealand wine to tell. Our wineries are linked by a common unrelenting purpose; to make great wine that people love to drink around the world – made by land & hand.
We are proud custodians of the Martinborough Vineyard, Te Kairanga, Grove Mill, Vavasour and Mt Difficulty wineries, and world-recognised brands such as Roaring Meg, Russian Jack, Dashwood, and Te Tera.
Grove Mill is a medium-sized winery, crushing approximately 3,000 tonnes, and is located in Marlborough’s Waihopai Valley. We are producers of premium, cool climate style wines including, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Gris sourcing our fruit from over 200 hectares of vineyards throughout the Marlborough area.
This is where you come into the picture…
We are looking for next harvest’s Cellar Hands and a Lab Technician.
- Previous winery experience (minimum of two harvests), in a similar-sized winery preferred, wine qualifications would be an advantage, as would a current Forklift licence, but is not essential.
- Candidates with practical ability, good oral and written communication skills, a team player mentality, and a keen sense of humour, will be highly regarded.
- We have a small, extremely capable permanent cellar crew, vintage positions would therefore ideally suit candidates with a passionate interest in wine, who work well under pressure, are able to multi-task and can carry out their duties in a timely and efficient manner
- We can give some support with Visa Applications and help with sourcing accommodation.
What do we provide?
- Aside from the unique opportunity to work with one of New Zealand’s most revered wine companies, you will experience harvest with a great team of Winemakers and Viticulturists.
- Our harvest shifts are typically 12 hours, 6 days per week.
- A hot meal is provided each shift during the vintage intake period.
We have a limited number of positions in the Vineyard for those who are looking for a longer work period. Vineyard work would be available from October for the right candidate.
If this sounds like you, please send a CV and apply using the link to join one of New Zealand’s most revered wine companies and experience harvest with a great team of Winemakers and Viticulturists.
Applicants for these positions must have a valid New Zealand work visa and due to current global travel restrictions must be currently residing in New Zealand.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.