Vintage Vacancies - Vavasour
Uploaded: 03 December 2021
Closes: 03 March 2022
Vavasour is the founding winery of Marlborough’s smaller, cooler Awatere Valley. An intimate knowledge of this dramatic southern pocket of Marlborough rewards us with wines of extraordinary elegance, perfume, and texture.
Vavasour is part of Foley Wines - a collection of iconic New Zealand wineries and brands from New Zealand’s most acclaimed wine regions. Each with a unique story of New Zealand wine to tell. Our wineries are linked by a common unrelenting purpose; to make great wine that people love to drink around the world – made by land & hand.
We are proud custodians of the Martinborough Vineyard, Te Kairanga, Grove Mill, Vavasour and Mt Difficulty wineries, and world-recognised brands such as Roaring Meg, Russian Jack, Dashwood, and Te Tera.
Vavasour is a medium-sized winery, crushing approximately 3,000 tonnes. We are producers of premium, cool climate styles wines including, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris and Pinot Noir.
This is where you come into the picture…
We are looking for next harvest’s Cellar Hands and a Lab Technician.
- Candidates with practical ability, good oral and written communication skills, a team player mentality, and a keen sense of humour, will be highly regarded.
- While previous winery experience (at least two vintages), and/or wine qualifications would be an advantage, as would a current Forklift licence. These are not essential and full training is provided.
- We have a small, extremely capable permanent cellar crew, vintage positions would therefore ideally suit candidates with a passionate interest in wine, who work well under pressure, are able to multi-task, and can carry out their duties in a timely and efficient manner.
- We can give some support with Visa Applications and help with sourcing accommodation.
Applicants must be available to work shifts, these are typically 12-hour days, 6 days per week during the peak harvest period. Meals are provided during these shifts.
We are dedicated to wine quality but also committed to providing an inclusive work environment that our team enjoy and can grow in. We work hard, but provide opportunities to enjoy social events, meals and wine tastings along the way.
We have a limited number of positions in the Vineyard for those who are looking for a longer work period. Vineyard work would be available from October for the right candidate.
If this sounds like you, please send a CV and apply using the link to join one of New Zealand’s most revered wine companies and experience harvest with a great team of Winemakers and Viticulturists.
Applicants for these positions must have a valid New Zealand work visa, and due to current global travel restrictions, must be currently residing in New Zealand.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.