Vintage 2022 Cellar Hands
Company: Sileni Wines
Uploaded: 27 August 2021
Closes: 27 September 2021
Sileni Wines is named after the Sileni who featured in Greek mythology alongside Dionysus, the god of wine. They celebrated great wine, great food and great company, hence our aim at Sileni Wines is to produce excellent food-friendly, fruit driven wines…and have a lot of fun doing it!
We produce premium Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Albarino, Pinot Noir, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Syrah from across Hawke’s Bay and Marlborough diverse sub-regions.
Sileni Wines is part of Booster Wine Group which is a collection of NZ wineries including Waimea Estates, Bannock Brae and Awatere River Wine Company. Booster, through it’s Booster Tahi investment arm, is making significant investments in New Zealand’s agricultural business including avocados, kiwi fruit, and through investments in the wine industry. It is here at Sileni Wines where a dynamic, reliable team player is required to join our Hawkes Bay-based winery as a Cellar Hand.
We are now recruiting for our 2022 vintage crew and are looking for skilled Cellar Hands.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Previous winery vintage experience but not essential, as full training is provided
- Can-do attitude and good level of fitness
- Attention to detail
- Health and Safety conscious
Benefits and Culture:
- Competitive wage rate
- Shift meal provided
- Accommodation and Wine Allowance
- Increase your knowledge of Wine
As a medium-sized winery we can offer you variety, exposure to numerous aspects of the winemaking process, and the opportunity to be part of a close-knit, friendly team who are dedicated to producing quality wines.
The vintage will commence early-mid February and run for 6-8 weeks depending on harvest conditions. During the peak of harvest, staff will be required to work a 12-hour shift on either a day or night team, for 6-7 days per week. A daily vintage meal will be provided over this peak harvest period.
If this sounds like you, please forward a CV, contact details for 2 referees, and a covering letter outlining your main areas of experience to Daniel Buchanan via the ‘Apply’ button.
Overseas applicants must be able to obtain a Working Holiday visa allowing them to work legally in New Zealand.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.